In the past few decades, psychologists and business people alike have discovered that successful problem solvers tend to use the same type of process to identify and implement the solutions to their problems. This process works for any kind of problem, large or small.
Creative Problem Solving has evolved since its inception in the 1950s. However, it is always a structured approach to finding and implementing solutions.
The Creative Problem Solving process involves creativity. The problem solvers come up with solutions that are innovative, rather than obtaining help to learn the answers or implementing standard procedures.
The Creative Problem Solving process is at work anytime you identify solutions that have value or that somehow improve a situation for someone.
When tackling a new problem, it is important to talk to anyone who might be familiar with the problem. You can gather a great deal of information by asking questions of different people who might be affected by or know about the problem.
Darlene Hunter & Associates Creative Problem Solving workshop will give you an overview of the entire Creative Problem Solving process, as well as key problem solving tools that you can use every day. Skills such as brainstorming, information gathering, analyzing data, and identifying resources will be covered throughout the workshop.
• Understand problems and the creative problem solving process
• Identify types of information to gather and key questions to ask in problem solving
• Identify the importance of defining a problem correctly
• Identify and use four different problem definition tools
• Write concrete problem statements
• Use basic brainstorming tools to generate ideas for solutions
• Evaluate potential solutions against criteria, including cost/benefit analysis and group voting
• Perform a final analysis to select a solution
• Understand the roles that fact and intuition play in selecting a solution
• Understand the need to refine the shortlist and redefine it
• Understand how to identify the tasks and resources necessary to implement solutions
• Evaluate and adapt solutions to reality
Public workshops are available in Orlando, FL, Philadelphia, PA and New York, NY
For a complete list of available soft skills training courses visit our website at http://www.darlenehunter.com/training
Take the time to invest in yourself! For inquiries contact Darlene Hunter & Associates, LLC at 609-636-2988 or info@DarleneHunter.com
Darlene has been in management and leadership for over 32 years, motivating, training and developing teams for various companies and organizations. She is now focused on changing the conversation and changing the culture of organizations through her Soft Skills Training Workshops.